Guarantee for Grid expansion

Meter Read Registration Custom Code

N.V. Elmar supplies electricity in accordance with the terms incorporated in its concession. If N.V. Elmar is required to expand its network to comply with the connection of a customer whereby costs are involved, then N.V. Elmar may be entitled to request a bank guarantee (from a local bank) for this expansion. This bank guarantee would cover a maximum of 50% of the total investment costs (view example below) over a period of five (5) years.

The costs for expansion for a customer are stipulated at Afl. 100.000,00. In this case N.V. Elmar may request for this expansion a bank guarantee of maximum Afl. 50.000,00 (50%) over a period of five (5) consecutive years.

N.V. Elmar expects from the customer a total yearly consumption of kilowatt-hour (kWh), corresponding to an amount of Afl. 10.000,00. In case the total annual kWh-consumption results to be lower than Afl. 10.000,00, N.V. Elmar shall settle the deficit against the bank guarantee. In all cases where the total energy consumption of the customer corresponds with (or is higher than) the amount of Afl. 10.000,00, the bank guarantee will not come into effect and N.V. Elmar will proceed to release the bank guarantee back to the owner.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • I have trouble with my electricity, how will N.V. Elmar assist me?

    In case you are experiencing full or partial outage the customer should make sure that it is not a tripped breaker or a blown fuse. If all of these are working properly you should contact N.V. Elmar at (297) 523-7147 and we will respond to your querie. In case you are experiencing dim or flickering lights, please contact Elmar and we will investigate the issue. If the issue is with your internal wiring you should contact a certified electrician for assistance.

  • There was a power outage in my neighborhood and my appliances got damaged, will N.V. Elmar provide me with new ones?

    According to our connection terms, N.V. Elmar is not responsible for possible damages to any electronic devices as consequence of a power outage.

  • What should be done when the customer is deceased, in order to transfer ownership of the account?

    The applicant must supply the certified death certificate (overlijdingsakte) as well as the valid proof of the official heir of the property, authorization of the majority of heirs and valid proof of indentification.

  • I was involved in an accident and have damaged N.V. Elmar’s property, what do I need to do?

    Call N.V. Elmar immediately and we will assess the damage. We advise to call the police and your insurance company.

  • Can I place: signs, flags or a basketball hoop on a pole?

    For safety and assets protection, it is prohibited by law to add any object to the poles. All foreign objects attached to our poles will be removed.


How energy efficient is your home?

Calculate your electricity usage
You can use the calculator to calculate your statement based on the kWh used.