Solar panels & Windmills Certification Process
Meter Read Registration Custom Code
To apply for inspection of solar modules or wind turbines please register and submit your request using the Certified Electrician Portal. The following information is required.
- Your name and contract information
- Type of installation: Solar or wind turbine
- The address of the intended installation
- The total kilo-Watt (kW) of the system
N.V. Elmar will inspect the location and verify if the grid can support the renewable energy at that location. After preliminary approval, N.V. Elmar will supply you an information package to initiate inspection request process (Keuring):
The customer needs to choose a certified installer ("Erkend Installateur") and the certified installer will proceed with the inspection request (Keuringsaanvraag).
Certified Installer should provide a package containing:
- A copy of the preliminary approval e-mail
- (Keuringsbewijs) installation
- Proof of ownership (Bewijs van eigendom)
- Proof of address (Adresbewijs)
- Plotplan installation (Situatietekening)
- Installation diagram (Installatietekening)
- Data sheets of: Solar Module (2 page datasheet) and Inverters (2 page datasheet)
N.V. Elmar recommends the Applicant to contact the DTI, where they can assist with all necessary documentation. The Applicant is allowed to interconnect and have a digital bi-directional DG meter installed after his/her DG-installation has been electrically certified by DTI.
The Applicant represents and warrants that:
- The DG Facility is fully and accurately described in the Application;
- All information in the Application is true and correct;
- The DG Facility has been installed to Applicant's satisfaction;
- Applicant has been adequately instructed in the operation and maintenance of the DG Facility.
- Applicant is responsible for the integrity and safety of the requested installation.
N.V. Elmar's Solar PolicyClick here to download N.V. Elmar's solar policy file
N.V. Elmar's Solar Waiver DocumentClick here to download N.V. Elmar's solar waiver document
Frequently Asked Questions
I have trouble with my electricity, how will N.V. Elmar assist me?
In case you are experiencing full or partial outage the customer should make sure that it is not a tripped breaker or a blown fuse. If all of these are working properly you should contact N.V. Elmar at (297) 523-7147 and we will respond to your querie. In case you are experiencing dim or flickering lights, please contact Elmar and we will investigate the issue. If the issue is with your internal wiring you should contact a certified electrician for assistance.X
There was a power outage in my neighborhood and my appliances got damaged, will N.V. Elmar provide me with new ones?
According to our connection terms, N.V. Elmar is not responsible for possible damages to any electronic devices as consequence of a power outage.X
What should be done when the customer is deceased, in order to transfer ownership of the account?
The applicant must supply the certified death certificate (overlijdingsakte) as well as the valid proof of the official heir of the property, authorization of the majority of heirs and valid proof of indentification.X
I was involved in an accident and have damaged N.V. Elmar’s property, what do I need to do?
Call N.V. Elmar immediately and we will assess the damage. We advise to call the police and your insurance company.X
Can I place: signs, flags or a basketball hoop on a pole?
For safety and assets protection, it is prohibited by law to add any object to the poles. All foreign objects attached to our poles will be removed.X