EV ChargeUp Pilot Project
N.V. ELMAR is broadening its electric vehicle (EV) charging stations infrastructure. ELMAR launched its "EV ChargeUp" pilot project on the 1st of December, 2022 to promote sustainable energy. The project objective is to continue developing an accessible infrastructure by installing more EV Charging Stations and providing the service to charge up EVs around Aruba.
This project is part of the vision and management of ELMAR for innovation and sustainability, Redefining Energy, according to the National Energy Policy of the government of Aruba.
All EV owners are invited to participate in our pilot project and use our charging stations around Aruba. ELMAR being the energy provider of Aruba wants to stimulate use and ensure the proper operations of our charging stations and the technical functioning of this new innovative technology.
The current EV ChargeUp locations are: SETAR Palm Beach, MFA Noord, Local Store Palm Beach, ELMAR Hato, North of the Paradera roundabout, ELMAR Oranjestad, ELMAR Onderstation Sabana Blanco, Aeropuerto Reina Beatrix, South of the Pos Chiquito roundabout and ELMAR San Nicolas. During the upcoming year, ELMAR will launch more charging stations at various locations around Aruba to promote the use of electric vehicles in our community by investing in the necessary infrastructure.
Are you an EV owner? Are you interested in participating in our pilot project? Sign up to our pilot proyect EV ChargeUp!
ELMAR invites all who are interested in innovation, particularly owners of electric vehicles to use this opportunity to charge up your electric vehicle around Aruba.
Register to the EV ChargeUp Pilot Project
- Download the evergo app on Google Play or App Store
- Open the app and click "sign up now"
- Fill in your first name, last name, email and password
- And click "Create new account"
- Open the account activation email
- Click "Activate my account"
- Fill in your billing information on the app
- Download and read the Terms & Conditions
- Download and fill in the Registration Form
- To complete your registration, send the signed Registration Form and a valid ID to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our branch to activate your EV ChargeUp wallet and account
EV ChargeUp Account
- The rate is 0,568 Aruban Florins per kWh.
- You can top up your EV ChargeUp wallet at any of our branches
- Our branches are open from Monday to Friday between 7:45 am to 4:00 pm.
- We accept cash or debit cards
- The maximum top-up amount is Afl. 300 (in the amount of Afl. 50 or Afl. 100)
- The wallet balance does not expire
EV ChargeUp Stations
- Our EV ChargeUp Stations are currently located at SETAR Palm Beach, MFA Noord, Local Store, ELMAR Hato, ELMAR Oranjestad, ELMAR Onderstation Sabana Blanco, Aeropuerto Reina Beatrix, South of the Pos Chiquito roundabout and ELMAR San Nicolas
- Our Fast Chargers are situated at ELMAR Hato
EV ChargeUp User Manual
- Start a session in your evergo app. Do not forget to add funds to your online wallet.
- Take the cable from the charger support and connect it to your vehicle's charging port.
- Choose your station and charger S/N number on the app's map. The last 3 digits of the S/N number can be viewed on the charger head.
- Press the app's "Start charge" button. Your vehicle will start charging.
- You will be notified when your EV is fully charged.
- To stop charging, press the app's "Stop" button or disconnect the cable from the vehicle's charging port and return it to the charger support.
EV ChargeUp Technical Requirements
- EV ChargeUp uses the following adapters: CHAdeMO, CCS1 and SAEJ1772
- The duration of the charge does not only depend on the power of the charging point, but also on the capacity of the vehicle's battery and on the maximum charging power allowed by the vehicle.
- The duration of the level 2 charger is between 3-4 hours, depending on the power of the charging point.