Electric Water Heater
Consider these tips to reduce your consumption:
- Reduce the amount of hot water used when washing clothes.
- Fill your automatic dishwasher before using whenever possible.
- Do not pre-rinse dishes before loading them in the dishwasher. Scrape off food and empty liquids. If you must rinse, use cold water.
- When the wash & rinse cycles are complete, open the dishwasher door and let the dishes dry naturally instead of heat drying them.
- Regularly check the condition of the filter screen. Clean or replace it when necessary.
- Do not leave the hot water running while doing dishes in the sink.
- Take showers instead of baths - you can save about half the amount of hot water used. Water-saving shower heads can save even more.