Need to File a Claim?

Meter Read Registration Custom Code

In the event that you have sustained a loss that you feel is our responsibility, you may file a claim by completing the form below and sending to  customerservice@elmar.aw or bring to N.V. Elmar’s head office located in Oranjestad.

Please note that filing a claim is not a guarantee of payment. Upon our receipt of the claim, your claim will be investigated and a determination made if there is any liability on our part. When our investigation has been completed, you will be contacted and advised as to our position on your claim.

Important note:

Please be aware that we, like all other utilities, cannot guarantee continuous uninterrupted service. Therefore, we will not be liable for damages caused by certain occurrences that are beyond the control of the company. For example, some common causes of claims for which we do not pay are:

  • Acts of God (ex. wind, lightning, hurricanes) and animal contacts (ex. squirrels, birds)
  • Equipment failure
  • Damage to Elmar equipment by others
  • Accidents involving Utility Poles

If your damages or losses have occurred as a result of other reasons, please feel free to contact us as noted above to file a claim.


Damage Report Form

Download this form to file a claim.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • I have trouble with my electricity, how will N.V. Elmar assist me?

    In case you are experiencing full or partial outage the customer should make sure that it is not a tripped breaker or a blown fuse. If all of these are working properly you should contact N.V. Elmar at (297) 523-7147 and we will respond to your querie. In case you are experiencing dim or flickering lights, please contact Elmar and we will investigate the issue. If the issue is with your internal wiring you should contact a certified electrician for assistance.

  • There was a power outage in my neighborhood and my appliances got damaged, will N.V. Elmar provide me with new ones?

    According to our connection terms, N.V. Elmar is not responsible for possible damages to any electronic devices as consequence of a power outage.

  • What should be done when the customer is deceased, in order to transfer ownership of the account?

    The applicant must supply the certified death certificate (overlijdingsakte) as well as the valid proof of the official heir of the property, authorization of the majority of heirs and valid proof of indentification.

  • I was involved in an accident and have damaged N.V. Elmar’s property, what do I need to do?

    Call N.V. Elmar immediately and we will assess the damage. We advise to call the police and your insurance company.

  • Can I place: signs, flags or a basketball hoop on a pole?

    For safety and assets protection, it is prohibited by law to add any object to the poles. All foreign objects attached to our poles will be removed.