Report Unsafe Conditions

Voluntary Notifications

With your help we can keep our streets and public areas safe. Please notify N.V. ELMAR if any unusual behavior or incident is happening to the N.V. ELMAR street lights, poles, wires or transformers. There are several reasons for an emergency notification that needs immediate repair. Some of these are:

  • Car Accident/Vandalism to the electrical equipment
  • Fire incident on either transformer or wooden poles
  • (Fallen) Rotten Pole
  • Lightning damage (transformers damage)

Some notifications are not handled as an emergency but will be scheduled for repair. These are street lights that are not working properly, graffiti on transformer houses etc.

When trees or branches of the trees grow into either the low tension or high tension power lines, N.V. ELMAR will need to trim them for safety reasons. Notifications for tree trimming are also scheduled, unless a wire is broken, flashing or causing fire.

Any incident related to N.V. ELMAR’s electrical grid or equipment that looks unsafe, don’t feel hesitant to contact N.V. ELMAR. This way N.V. ELMAR can immediately alleviate the situation and can keep providing continual service.

Any damage to N.V. ELMAR’s equipment, by either a car accident or vandalism will be charged to the one responsible. 

Report Issue Form


Frequently Asked Questions

  • I have trouble with my electricity, how will N.V. Elmar assist me?

    In case you are experiencing full or partial outage the customer should make sure that it is not a tripped breaker or a blown fuse. If all of these are working properly you should contact N.V. Elmar at (297) 523-7147 and we will respond to your querie. In case you are experiencing dim or flickering lights, please contact Elmar and we will investigate the issue. If the issue is with your internal wiring you should contact a certified electrician for assistance.

  • There was a power outage in my neighborhood and my appliances got damaged, will N.V. Elmar provide me with new ones?

    According to our connection terms, N.V. Elmar is not responsible for possible damages to any electronic devices as consequence of a power outage.

  • What should be done when the customer is deceased, in order to transfer ownership of the account?

    The applicant must supply the certified death certificate (overlijdingsakte) as well as the valid proof of the official heir of the property, authorization of the majority of heirs and valid proof of indentification.

  • I was involved in an accident and have damaged N.V. Elmar’s property, what do I need to do?

    Call N.V. Elmar immediately and we will assess the damage. We advise to call the police and your insurance company.

  • Can I place: signs, flags or a basketball hoop on a pole?

    For safety and assets protection, it is prohibited by law to add any object to the poles. All foreign objects attached to our poles will be removed.